Synchronise (Original Orchestral Composition)

Pl511

| Bandcamp Link

Working on this has been without a doubt the largest project I've ever worked on, with the total length coming in at more than double the length of any other compositions I've released on this channel, and it's also probably been the most fun to work on. Written for AccentCancel's 'Nothing is True; Everything is Permitted', a short fan-made film loosely based on Ubisoft's Assassin's Creed video-game series, this track was created during the film's post-production during a period of about two weeks. This is also the first commissioned piece that I've worked on, and it's been a really fun project to write for. Obviously it'll probably be more enjoyable to listen to it with the film itself, so check out the links below if you want to see that as well.

Nothing is True; Everything is Permitted (Short Film):

YouTube Link | Vimeo Link

Nice composition here, and great piano work. Strings and flute could use a lot more CC dynamics; as it is, they are quite static. Would be great to hear the strings breathe and swell naturally. Also, I would love to hear the flute a little more at 6:10, and also do some more than the same repetitive two bar phrase over and over. The notes are all half notes; it would be great to hear more variety in length notes as well; leave the regularity to the string staccatos and sustains in the back, but give the flute some more dynamism and character.