DJ controller suggestion

Planning to train myself to DJing in prevision of maybe future live events and cons (naturally if my economical situation allows it), so I'm planning also to get a DJ controller for that.

Is this a good one for starters maybe?

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00GT2HMKO/ref=wl_it_dp_o_pC_S_ttl?_encoding=UTF8&colid=5G3ZAK50S3A8&coliid=I29TIFCBUQPFB3

Pioneer makes pretty decent gear, as far as I know.

I personally own the Numark Mixtrack, with a Traktor Audio 2 as the audio interface. So far so good, although I need to sit down and manually re-map some stuff in Traktor 2.

Numark also makes an upgraded version of the Mixtrack, called the Mixtrack Pro. It includes a built-in audio interface, much like the Pioneer unit you linked.

Basically, my recommendation is to go to a music store, find out what feels most comfortable, and then get that. Keep in mind, too, that some products come with better included software than others--when I bought my Traktor Audio 2, it came with a full version of Traktor 2, not just Traktor LE.

You should probably expect to spend about $250 for an entry-level controller and stable audio interface regardless, though.

250$ for me is a manageable price. Plus I'm aiming to get one off Amazon as it seems the prices are more friendly. Thanks for the advice anyway :)

Sure, I wasn't necessarily suggesting you grab the unit from the store--of course Amazon is more reasonably-priced! I'm just saying you may find it useful to touch any given piece of hardware before you buy it.

Sure, I wasn't necessarily suggesting you grab the unit from the store--of course Amazon is more reasonably-priced! I'm just saying you may find it useful to touch any given piece of hardware before you buy it.

It would be great for me to try actually the hardware before to buy it, trust me. It's the way should be meant to buy something but the thing unfortunately is that in my hometown there are absolutely NO music equipment stores :/ the nearest one is 40 miles away... and I don't feel like driving :lol:

Thanks for the advice again anyway ;)