Transistor-We All Become

Roadieface

Hey guys So we've recently been working on a sort of jazzy-EDM type remix for "We All Become" from Transistor. We've got alot down on it now, but we've kind of hit a bit of a wall. Give it a listen and let us know what you think. I've gone ahead and posted a link to the song below.

https://soundcloud.com/arkaticasound/we-all-become-arkatica-sound-wip

Thanks everyone!

I really like the setup you have of intro -> source -> remix -> source -> outro, and I think your transitions between each part are great.

My biggest complaint is that your source sections are basically just filtered versions of the original, they lose a lot of what makes the original great and you don't really add much of anything to replace that. Also, I think some of what you have added clashes (in a not good way) with your use of the source, such as the percussion at 1:05 ish. I think it could work, but those (source heavy) sections definitely need more attention. I'd either strip the source down further (getting rid of the the percussive dnb ellements), so that it fits better with the slower beat you have going, OR switch styles in the source heavy sections so that it fits better with the dnb vibe of the original (but still keep the breakdown-y sections the way they are). Personally, I'd go with the latter, but that's all just, like, my opinion man~

Thank you, first and foremost. I love the music in both Transistor and Bastion, and to see someone attempting a ReMix of "We All Become" is amazing.

Now, onto the critique. I agree that more needs to be done with the source, when it is prevalent. I would suggest somehow tying or hinting at the non-source styles, within the source. If that makes any sense at all. Another big thing is the aprox. 30 seconds of silence before we hear Transistor say "Hey Red, we're not gonna get away with this." I don't know what the intention of this "white space." If it was just something that you haven't worked on yet, ignore the next comment. If it wasn't, I would recommend adding something to carry the song to those last words.

Other then that, I love your version!