Streets of Rage - Attack the Barbarian Drum n Bass Remix

Blue Rhythmz

this one will be remastered in the future because my old headphones broke and had to use some really cheap ones. but i havent put anything out in several months so i decided to upload it. as far as composition tho its complete in my book. never heard this tune in a drum n bass style so i thought it would be quite interesting.

https://soundcloud.com/djsatsui123/streets-of-rage-attack-the-barbarian-drum-n-bass-remix

Well, the biggest gripe I have about this is that it's repetitive. That in and of itself is not wrong, but it seems over my threshold for repetition. The drums feel loop-like, and the "cry" sound effect is overused in places where it's used. I'm not demanding you to use it less, but it just feels cheesy to me. It could stand to be used less anyways, though, because it contributes greatly to the repetition. The copy-paste in some places contributes fairly substantially too.

The chords are cool, and samples aside, the concept makes sense, but I believe the textures you chose might come off as too oriented towards the better headphones. i.e. people with half-decent headphones may not hear the good aspects of this. For example, there's a portion of the intro and similar copy-pasted sections that is mostly bass and low passed drums, so some people might only hear some muffled clicking. I don't hear any substantial mixing issues that can really be pointed out at the moment, but there isn't much mixing to be done yet, it seems.

Edited by timaeus222