Legend of Zelda_Majora's Mask_Stone Tower Days As Told By Ben

SoulCinema

https://soundcloud.com/soulcinema-raadude/legend-of-zelda_majoras-mask_stone-tower-days-as-told-by-ben

So, It has been 3 months since I have submitted this remix to OCRemix and as I promised, here is a link to the mix.

This mix I made long ago for the 25 anniversary of Legend of Zelda. I have been updating it and getting it ready to post to the site. Now that I had the tech to fix some things.

If you haven't noticed there are two influences behind this idea. First was the Majora's Mask 's Stone Towers. Majora's Mask was already a spooky game. Just about every area you went to had a dead guy waiting for you. They helped you out in some way though. So somehow we all got used to the idea that getting possessed by a plant, rock or fish was okay.The Ikana Canyon was different though. Everything dead was waiting for you to join their ranks and if there was any help, it took a lot of convincing. With a sword and ocarina. So I was listening to this track a lot as I climbed this tower in my youth and its ambiance of the tortured undead. It was unsettling, but very enjoyable. I lived for that unnerving place.

As luck would have it, In later years, I would be frightened by my next influence. It was already creepy without really being haunted, but Creepy Pasta would not take it as is. I was introduced to the site and was infatuated with tales of Slenderman and the like. Then I read a story titled BEN. It was wondefully scary me that a game could be haunted and could mess with you in real life, especially my Zelda. I do realize it was the Song of Healing the was played backwards on the story page if you caught that.

There may be a 2.0 released in later days that will showcase a reverse SOH. Please enjoy!

• 2 weeks later...

The concept of taking the creepypasta and making a remix with that as its influence is fantastic, and the result is appropriately uncomfortable. It's just the right tempo.

Unfortunately, the beginner-y sounding instrumentation makes it uncomfortable for the wrong reasons.

The idea of making the track work in reverse is cool. I had the same idea for Skyward Sword's backwards theme too, but ended up scrapping the idea because I couldn't make it sound good backwards. This is where your instrumentation becomes especially problematic, because backwards drums generally don't sound great, and backwards melodies often don't end up being as effective as their forward counterparts. Reverbs and release tails blending the sound into something dreamy can be useful, but it takes a little more work to make sure it doesn't just become a blur.

I think you should take a break from this concept, improve your instrumentation skills, and come back to this idea later. It's going to take a lot of work to make this track great, and quite frankly you're not good enough yet. Doing this track for practice is likely going to be more frustrating than fun... but if you want to do it, don't let that stop you. You can still learn from this track, and you can still make it better with your current skill level.

Good luck. :D