"Moonlight Meditations" (Secret of the Forest)

Emunator

Remix: https://soundcloud.com/emunator/moonlight-meditations-secret

Hey all, I've been hard at work extending/revising/wrapping up many of my old remixes right now, but in the meantime, I wanted to post something older that I never shared here before. This was recorded around a year ago in one take, 100% improvised, so there's an inherent degree of roughness/sloppiness to the performance because I was coming up with chords, melodies, and arrangement as I played.

I was in a dark place for most of the 2nd half of 2013, and this was the one of the only real pieces of music I was able to produce that year. I feel like it channeled a lot of the melancholy that I was feeling at the time, and ended up being very cathartic to record.

Throw this on late at night and enjoy the vibes, hopefully it's not too boring! :-) I promise I'll have more new music incoming soon!

a dark place is where a lot of us live, but don't forget, we have a limited time on this earth so you gotta focus on the positive while you still can...

I can dig the track.

I wonder if you can take the best parts of this, and rerecord it with a more purposeful arrangement. I like everything but, it meanders quite a bit. Obviously because it's improvisation. Everything sounds good in and of itself, but as a song each part needs to go somewhere. Now it does fit the meditation/ambientey category as it is now, just kind of musing on things, so if you want to market it as that, then I think it's okay.

Great piano tone and mixing.