The Great Army of the Desert King

DarkDjinn

New original song - work in progress. Made using East West Quantum Leap Symphonic Orchestra Gold and Quantum Leap RA.

https://soundcloud.com/brad-charles/the-great-army-of-the-desert-king

Looking for feedback mostly on the production aspect, but I'd like to know what you guys think of the composition itself too. Thanks in advance! :)

• 2 weeks later...

I think it's a great composition. The bigger issues I hear are in the sequencing, really. Overall it is pretty stiff-sounding, and the strings in the beginning, though similar in RPG-style sequencing, are not realistic like that with the fast staccato, not even with those samples (unless done veeeery carefully). :-P You shouldn't need to do that much mixing on this, so really it's mainly CC11 automation to do volume swells on the individual orchestral instruments, velocities to trigger the proper articulations, and more human timing.

Edited by timaeus222

Thanks timaeus. I'm mostly getting feedback these days that says I need to work on the humanization aspect, so that's what I've been focusing on. One helpful tip I got from Neifion was to slow it down and play some of the parts myself, and I've been doing that on another piece I'm working on. It seems to be working well so far. I appreciate the feedback! :)