Dearly Beloved

mikeHEARTu

• 2 weeks later...

Not much to say. It's nice. It's a style we don't hear a lot of.

I don't like the snare, the repetition, or the noisy long notes in the background (but fortunately they're just in the background). The lead guitar performance is dynamic, but it doesn't feel entirely deliberate. Some parts stand out as loud, some soft, without much thought to where and why they're loud. Getting that under control and using soft sections and louder sections more deliberately will give you more dynamic structure to the track, which would give it some direction and make it feel less repetitive.

The track seems to be missing cymbals; I hear occasional crashes but they're mixed so soft that they might as well not be there at all. Bring them out a little more. Sounds like you put a low pass filter on the whole drum kit. I filter my drums too in a lot of my tracks, but not like this. It takes away the highs, without really making the snare and kick any softer. I would suggest you split the drum kit into different tracks, and filter them separately. Alternatively, you can just find a different way to process them.

For a one night thing, it's pretty good.