*NO* Golden Sun 'Venus Jam'

Palpable

Heya,

Long time no see… I've never been a fan of 7 min loops of game music, but if you like it good enough :)

real guitars on tsex50 and I hope you like it.

Remixer: EgM

Name: Eric E. Hache

web: http://www.gamemusic.ca

P.S. I know lol, fade outs suck ;)

------------------------------

Edited by Liontamer
closed decision

First, always happy to see a Golden Sun remix. Way overlooked soundtrack. Second, what's here sounds great. Quality production, good playing. I'm most concerned that the track doesn't have enough ideas for 2:42 length. The A section and B sections are handled the same way each time. Add some drum change-ups, some countermelodies, some different backing guitar rhythms. An original intro would also fit well I think. For such a short length, the repetition really isn't justified. Also, I'm not always down on fadeouts but the one here was awkward. The C section was a strange place to leave it. Overall, promising stuff that needs more oomph to win me over.

NO (resubmit)

• 2 weeks later...

This does sound great indeed! But Vinnie is right, it is too repetitive. I copied and cut the track at 1:25 and layered it with itself, and I found out that 0:00-1:25 is identical to 1:25-2:42 with the only exception being the fadeout ending. For OCR this is not enough development in the arrangement, one playthrough cut and pasted into two just doesn't make it. What is here sounds great though, if you can make some changes to the second half, add a wicked solo section or something, that would make the arrangement interpretive enough to work.

NO (resubmit)

• 3 weeks later...

Not much to add to what's already been said. Nice production work and performances here.

The mix in general sounds pretty mid-heavy, especially in the main melody (A) sections. I think it's the combination of the bass and the rhythm guitars taking up a lot of the same frequency room. See if you can pull down some of the mids and perhaps give a little more high-end to either bass and/or guitars to avoid having a dull-toned mix.

Not gonna beat a dead horse on the track repetition issue mentioned above. I will mention, though, that the bass writing within sections is also pretty repetitive. Would've liked to hear some variation in the part-writing. After all, your average competent musician isn't going to be content to sit there and hit equal tone/volume eighth notes throughout song sections :).

Obligatory fadeout complaint.

Good start. Hoping to hear this one again.

NO resubmit, please