Mass Effect 3 Leaving Earth remix

HoboKa

X.X

Dat robo-piano. :) The repeated high note at 0:12 is definitely the main culprit in the beginning. There are just too many rigid chords lying around throughout the whole track. Also, those Damage impacts at 0:40 or so are quite loud. I wouldn't have expected them. I think making them more distant would help make the soundscape more cohesive. Something as simple as a low pass near 10000 Hz could do it.

1:15 just felt like the timing was off. Did you mean to slow the tempo down? I didn't expect that. Also, 2:13 - 2:23 on the piano just felt like you were trying out a direction, and kept whatever you tried. To me it sounded confused.

So, basically this:

- The piano notes feel rambly

- The Damage drums stick out a little too much IMO

I think you should at least be able to mark up some clear sections in your remix, if it is to have a regular structure. ;)

X.X

Dat robo-piano. :) The repeated high note at 0:12 is definitely the main culprit in the beginning. There are just too many rigid chords lying around throughout the whole track. Also, those Damage impacts at 0:40 or so are quite loud. I wouldn't have expected them. I think making them more distant would help make the soundscape more cohesive. Something as simple as a low pass near 10000 Hz could do it.

1:15 just felt like the timing was off. Did you mean to slow the tempo down? I didn't expect that. Also, 2:13 - 2:23 on the piano just felt like you were trying out a direction, and kept whatever you tried. To me it sounded confused.

So, basically this:

- The piano notes feel rambly

- The Damage drums stick out a little too much IMO

I think you should at least be able to mark up some clear sections in your remix, if it is to have a regular structure. ;)

ok, thanks for the feedback.