Name of Remixer: Geeks and Guitars
Email Address:
Userid: 53743 (geeksandguitars)

Submission Information
Name of Game Arranged: Breath of Fire II
Name of Arrangement: The Two Winged Princesses
Name of Individual Song Arranged: Left Unspoken
Additional Information (OC Remix Song Link): http://ocremix.org/song/14598
Comments: This is one of my favorite songs from one of my favorite games. In my opinion there are few tragedies found in video games as powerful as that of the two winged princesses of Windia. Breath of Fire II and its soundtrack are very underrated and I really wanted to let this song shine, so I came up with this acoustic arrangement. This is my own arrangement and recording and I have played all instruments myself. I have a different mix with drums and bass that I've posted to my YouTube Channel, found here, but I decided to submit this acoustic mix to OC Remix, which I have not posted elsewhere. This is my first submission to OC Remix ... please be gentle! :)

Thanks for listening!

------------------------------------------------------

Edited by Liontamer
closed decision

Wow, this is a very emotive track - I can really feel the power and heart behind your performance.

By OCR standards, what I'm hearing is mainly a straightforward cover of the original source adapted to guitar without a lot of original writing or added dynamics, which would unfortunately make it a rejection in my book, but I wanted to panel this to see if other judges might give your adaptation more credit in terms of personalization from the source. To your credit, the rhythm guitar parts gradually become more intense as the arrangement goes on, but I don't really feel like it's enough to push it over the edge, especially when the arrangement is so short...

To me, this seems like a very nicely done cover, but unfortunately not what OCRemix is looking for. Definitely interested to hear others' thoughts. Great work on the cover either way, Chris!

NO

• 1 month later...

Unfortunately, I have to agree with Emunator. The additions to the song (rhythm guitar, a small solo section at the end) are not substantial enough to make this an arrangement. Rather, it's a pretty standard cover, albeit well-assembled. I think with more changes to the second repetition, this would have a shot of passing, but I should note that the heavily verbed production made the playing a little too distant for my taste.

NO

On a personal taste level, I'm really liking what I'm hearing.  Unfortunately, I'm going to have to agree with Emu & Palp that this is structurally too similar to the original to qualify as having a substantive enough arrangement for OCR standards.  That said, the performance on the lead guitar was the highlight of the track for me.  Whether you decide to revisit this to personalize & expand on the OST or submit another track, I'm looking forward to hearing more from you.

NO resubmit, please