*NO* King's Quest 5 'Drunken Bandit'

Liontamer

Your ReMixer name: Defiance

Your website: defiant1.hostingisfree.com

Your userid: 4959

Name of game(s) ReMixed: King's Quest 5

Name of individual song(s) ReMixed: Bandit Camp

Original song:

This idea came unexpectedly, it was produced only as a result of having the tools right in front of me to get it out of my head and into the computer. Love this game and I have a lot of memories of this section of the game. Very fun to make, I believe it to be a good song, and I hope you like it.

• 2 weeks later...

http://www.queststudios.com/mt32midi/kq5_8.zip - "Bandit Camp"

The disjointedness is actually in context, since the original sounds worse. It did get a little more interesting from 2:40-onward. But Vigilante's general point of view (i.e. "Lack of harmony, lack of variation, generic instruments, lack of direction") I agreed with, and those issues he mentioned are the killer here. Flesh this out.

NO

• 4 weeks later...

simply put, this isn't going anywhere enough to make a case for it. i love some aspects of it, i really do. love the modulation work you do with the synth lead. the rhythm is very doors-inspired. i hear one of manzarek's great basslines in there. but what this needs is a life. it needs something injected into it that will give it the blood and willpower to get up and walk because right now it is laying in a puddle of its own creative juices.

incidentally, i'm going to keep this and i urge you to beef up the sound. vary it up just a smidge. the bassline and rhythm is killer but look into not keeping it that steady throughout the piece. it gets monotonous even to the most patient.

the lead instrument is edgy enough but needs better positioning in the soundfield. make it more present, more bity... give it a personality. the rhythm guitar thing is very dead and doesnt' help you at all. its contribution to the orchestration is very nice but to the EQ and mixing balance, it is worthless. consider either changing its instrumentation, geting a real guitarist to play it or humanize it somehow.

i see a lot more potential in this than my colleagues, it appears. but when all is said and done, this isn't going to be posted. you have to revisit it.

dig it?

NO