Hi, I’m Eric from Brazil and here is my info:

CONTACT INFO

ReMixer name: Cosmonal

Email: cosmonal@terra.com.br

REMIX INFO

Game Remixed: Sonic The Hedgehog

Song: Green Hill Zone

System: Mega Drive / Sega Genesis

Comments: I’ve made it on one 2001 saturday afternoon. A friend was visiting me and he liked games very much like me, then I said to him: “Let me start doing some game music in front of you”. Sometimes another friend used to borrow his Roland G600 and, on that time, I just had a PSR510 and some soundfonts. The day I wrote this Green Hill Zone version I was excited about the G600 that was with me for a couple days and talking about Sega games with Luiz (my friend at home). It’s sequenced on PTW 5.0 and had some mixing and producing on SF 5.0.

I never submitted any of my game music versions until now, to any site, anywhere. I have lots of Sega music here and your site made me feel the mood for upload it. Thanks! I should be uploading more soon.

Eric

I can hear where the mixer was coming from here. There are, however, quite a few issues here. First of all the arrangement, while rhythmically different from the original, didn't add anything new as such, until 1.33 when another synth comes in and adds some questionable harmonies. This new synth also sometimes clashes/is too similar to the synth that played the original melody before it.

I like the mix in some ways, but this isn't for OC. Perhaps some more recent stuff? I'm sure 5 years has made a significant difference. But anyways, for this mix

NO

http://project2612.org/download.php?id=36 - "Green Hill Zone"

Spot on call from Malc. The arrangement attempted to be personalized, especially changing the rhythms a bit and adding some new supporting instrumentation, but simply wasn't particularly interpretive. Good section at 1:33 as was pointed out earlier. Then at 1:46, you went back into the straightforward melodic arrangement while drastically souping up the pot with some excellent new supporting writing that really played right off of the original and took it into a new, expansive direction. So the arrangement certainly shows some serious potential. The sounds did clash a bit though like Malc was saying, which undermined the presentation.

Wish the sounds weren't so tame overall and devoid of energy. They're half-decent, but honestly undermine the arrangement. The drum tone in particular is pretty lacking and doesn't provide any punch. Anyway, if you were making this stuff 5 years ago, hopefully you have some killer stuff in the works as of now. Hope your skills haven't gotten rusty. :-) Keep at it, and I look forward to hearing something new from you in the future.

NO