Kontakt problems

I'm having trouble getting samples in Kontakt 2 to play back cleanly in FL Studio. I'm not entirely sure which program is at fault here, since Kontakt plays cleanly in standalone mode. What I'm doing is playing an acoustic bass from Sonic Capsules Basses on my keyboard (a M-Audio Axiom 61), doing a jazz walking bassline, and recording the MIDI data in FL Studio. In FL Studio, it clips a lot of the notes both as I play back the data and as I record it, although the MIDI data itself is unaffected. If I play back the already recorded MIDI data with something else, like the B4-II, it plays back fine. It also plays back fine when I export the data.

It doesn't seem to make any difference what my DFD settings are for Kontakt, or whether or not I'm using samples or DFD for playback (samples would make more sense since this song will only have about 5 instruments in it and I have 2 GB of RAM); either way, it randomly cuts off notes shortly after I begin playing them.

Does anyone have any idea about what this might be?

I have this problem a lot as well.

As far as I can tell, it means you're running low on RAM or the DFD can't run all the samples at once.

Also, it happens a lot less if you let FL play a measure or two of complete silence. Any reverb or trail left by the Kontakt player will affect it when I begins to play again. Sometimes, if you stop a song and then rewind it immediately and start playing it, Kontak hasn't released the reverb yet, so you hear a slight "pop". This is annoying because you get the "pop" sound plus it raises the probability of the samples being cutoff like you say.

I don't really know what else to tell you. I usually just bounce it a few times and eventually it gets it right.

Hope that helps.

• 2 weeks later...