Fruity Loops importing/exporting midi help!

I don't know if any of this is covered by the FL sticky topics up there which you should have read, but your first problem sounds like it's a case of you using instruments that aren't supported by general MIDI.

When you export your track to MIDI it's no longer using the soundbanks and synths that you were using in FL, you've exported just the MIDI data from the track. Unless you configured your MIDI tracks to use standard GM banks and patches in FL, it'll all be in piano when you export it.

I hate being the new asshole around here now that Compy is MIA, but you really should learn about what you're using before you get into it. How do you expect to get anywhere if you don't even realise the difference between using an FL synth and a GM patch?

Yeah, preety much all the stickies, save maybe Sephfire's most excellent Mastering one, are kinda old and outdated. I think the idea is that they were going to be fixed when we moved over to the new boards... which still hasn't happened. It will happen eventually, though.

But anyways, just for future reference, problems like this should be posted in the sticky. You don't need to read all 100+ pages, just post it to the latest page, and we shall answer you.