*NO* Sonic the Hedgehog 'Marble Zone Breakbeats Mix'

Liontamer

I like this mix, although I did have a few issues with it.

One of these was the distinct lack of melody for a large part of the mix. Although I knew it was coming, a large part of the time I was left wondering where the mix was going. I found it interesting that the mixer decided to have the original variation of the melody before giving us the melody in the form of part of an arpeggio pattern.

I don't think this quite comes up to the bar, although it's certainly close. I think that first part of the mix definitely isn't engaging enough and so in that respect the arrangement factor is low. I'm gonna go with a

NO

http://project2612.org/download.php?id=61 - "Marble Zone"

A more creative name for you arrangement would be nice. The basic beats in the beginning are really plain and boring. Interesting handling of the chorus at 1:05, indeed. Wish the textures here were more creative and complex, without the inclusion of so many generic sounding synth tones.

Straightfoward rendition of the source with the arpeggiated synths at 2:24 was really cluttered and tacky sounding. The idea loses it luster after you hear it going on and on. That beat from the very beginning anchoring the whole thing barely changed up, so I was glad when it finally changed up at 3:17. Nice stuff at 3:45 to finally get something interesting going on. Too bad you didn't use that idea earlier on in the song to spice up the arrangement.

Decent concept, but bland execution. The conservative parts of the arrangement dragged this down a lot, whereas the other areas had more promise. zircon had some good ideas from your previous submission that would improve this one as well. You just need to explore more unique sounds and futher personalize your arrangements.

NO

• 2 weeks later...

The intro is great. Slick production, catchy, and I can recognize the original chord progression. However it starts to lose steam after about a minute...it drops just a bit, but it then remains stagnant for awhile. it's not going anywhere. Then the melody comes in, and the track has more or less lost all momentum.

This track could be really excellent if it kept getting bigger instead of staying at the same level after one minute. Think Big.

NO