Donkey Kong Country 3 - Hot Pursuit

Hipnotyk

https://soundcloud.com/matt-s-harrison/hot-pursuit-donkey-kong

This one's another MnP-esque remix but I feel like I've had some success raising the energy level while still maintaining that feeling of racing through the wetlands.  This one was also a bit of a personal challenge to get more familiar with Omnisphere as I was pulling up new patches and filters that I've yet to touch.  When I first started out, it went a little rough but then eventually things started to come together and I'm really pleased with the end result.

The only percussive toys are a tambourine, hat and kick drum, but I feel like it's enough to keep things driving.  Always looking for things I'm doing right or wrong so I can keep getting better, so any input is appreciated.

You tambourine has no ADSR envelope, as a result when it plays quickly the decay is bleeding into itself,  it makes it sound messy.

I like the noise synth you have for the lead, but you don't really do much with it beyond sweep-in-crash-gate-effect.

The noise synth, along with I guess the original arrangement, are the only things giving this track a sense of energy.  The kick doesn't have a thumping, intense drive to it, it sounds more like filler to keep a rhythm.

The hat is kinda weird in how it just kinda comes and goes when it wants to.

The synth that plays at 1:04+ is a little over-exposed, it's doesn't add much to the song so it doesn't need to sound like a lead.

I  tried not to get into the arrangement aspect of the mix as I think you intentionally didn't do much with it.  Hope you got something out of it though

I appreciate the input.  You're right that I didn't deviate from the original much, as I'm really just trying to stay busy and learn new things every day in various styles.  

I should be able to clean up the tambourine sound and make the sweeping synth sound a little more reserved.  For the kick drum, I've sidechained it but do I just need to do more with the EQ to accentuate the impact?