Help with sonar. (Some notes don't play or cut short)

Well I stopped messing with composition for a while but I wanna get back into it. I don't have a keyboard so I just manually compose the notes in sonar, which is still pretty fun. I have a sb audigy 2 SC. Well I had an old song that I made which was cool but when I changed everything from the built-in midi notes to soundfonts, some notes (Only when there are alot of notes playing at the same time) cut out, or worse -- don't play at all. This doesn't happen when there are few notes but in the climaxes in my song where I have several notes playing at once, some notes just refuse to play, or even cut off before they are supposed to. plz help

• 2 weeks later...

Are you using the standard Audigy MIDI output drivers with Soundfont support? Or are you using a VST/DXi?

That, plus system specs.

If you are using like VSampler or similar instruments, you'll have to tweak things like # of samples loaded (you can in most cases remove unused samples, and re-save the bank), and polyphony. Obviously, more of one can mean less of another...

Cheers