"Wet Monkeys" by BlueJackG (DKC2 - Lockjaw's Saga)

BlueJackG

it is really cool how you managed to combine a standard 4 beat with the original drums by dave wise. this makes your mix very intense together with the bass.

one thing to critisize: the arrangement is quite repetitive (quite common disease when coping with lockjaws saga, though...). try some other phrases (original ones written by you, e.g. a square lead or analogon solo, to break up the repetitive atmosphere). you can also consider to put the melody on hold and repeat the intro (0:00 - about 0:37 as I assume).

also consider a key change (did you leave it in c minor?)

i really enjoyed listening to another good lockjaws saga version. this is one of my personal favourites from the dkc2 album.

1 hour ago, germanjazzguy said:

it is really cool how you managed to combine a standard 4 beat with the original drums by dave wise. this makes your mix very intense together with the bass.

one thing to critisize: the arrangement is quite repetitive (quite common disease when coping with lockjaws saga, though...). try some other phrases (original ones written by you, e.g. a square lead or analogon solo, to break up the repetitive atmosphere). you can also consider to put the melody on hold and repeat the intro (0:00 - about 0:37 as I assume).

also consider a key change (did you leave it in c minor?)

i really enjoyed listening to another good lockjaws saga version. this is one of my personal favourites from the dkc2 album.

Thanks! I glad you like it!

Well, my music suffers a lot from being repetitive. I tried to break it up a bit, but still, I understand why.

I considered it, but it sounded really nice so I scratched the key change. I'll mess around with it though, maybe I'll find a nice tone to go for.