Aleste (MSX) - Triumph Remix (Ending Theme)

C-Inspect

Great to hear some love for the MSX and for Aleste. I did quite a few MSX remixes and even Aleste remixes, so I can totally relate. Heck, I think I even did a cover of this on the MSX, years ago

I like the EDM approach you took, sounds good to me (in so far I can judge on my Macbook speakers). Of course the source track is pretty short, so that makes it a bit harder to make a full remix out of it. The intro and outro might be a tad long; it takes about 1 minute before the source really starts kicking in and becomes recognizable in stead of just hinting the source, and the same goes for the ending. Would have been great to have some more elements of the original track spread out over the intro and outro for more nostalgia. Other than that, I enjoyed it, thanks for sharing :)

I'm fine with the long intro, sticking to tropes is not a requirement around here.  I think your production is clear enough, though I would tone down the reverb just a tad.  The percussive lead and the full section at around 1:30 seem a bit too busy and in need of balancing as I can hear the elements trying to fight for space and stepping in each other's toes.  

I also agree with Jorito about having more elements from the original represented would be nice, though it this is your artistic vision, it's not really necessary.  I do think the track ends abruptly and could use some development towards the end.  Overall this sounds like a very good start to me, really nice soundscape though in need of further polishing and developing if you're planning for an OCR sub. Another 30 seconds of development of the source wouldn't hurt as this track is only 3 mins long.  Good luck!

• 3 months later...