effects help pleeeeeeeeeeeeeease anybody

juicyray

ok heres the thing, i got this one long sound (pad)that when i push down the key long, it makes a continuous sound that goes up and down in pitch and volume. Theres a specific sound that i want to isolate, so i can just play that specific part. Can anyone tell me on a snythisizer: (eg

afdaduc8.th.png

what knobs i would have to adjust to do it?

Cause when i try to use it in my step sequencer and try to make a patteren , it keeps on taking the whole entire sound as if i had the key pressed down none stop.

thanks to anyone that can help!

Okay, the thing that is making it go "up and down in both pitch and volume" is the LFO, or Low Frequency Oscillator. Specifically, LFO 1. You see the "depth" setting there? Fiddle with that. To make it go up and down less, move it towards the left. To make it go up and down more, move it towards the right.

Also, technically its not moving up and down in pitch. See how there is a button labeled "dest"? That stands for destination. It is what the LFO is controlling. In this case, its controlling the cutoff frequency for filters 1 and 2. Hence the little light lit up next to "Filter 1+2".

I know learning all the different controls of synths is confusing at first, so you may not have understood everything I told you. Make sure to read Zircon's tips and tricks part 3, which deals with synths. SuperwaveP8 is also a nice synth to start learning with, because its lays it all out in front of you - no hidden settings screwing with everything.

Good Luck!

Hey i just wanna say thanks a lot for the help guys! I really appreciate you answering my questions and showing me the wicked link (thats more then what i need and i cant wait to master synths after reading all the articles)!

A million thanks to you guys and best of luck!