Remixer: deific-X

Name: Even Alander

e-mail: deificx@gmail.com

UserID: 51929

Game: Sonic the hedgehog 2

Song remixed: Sky high zone

Remix name: Highest sky

Comment:

This is one of my favourite themes from the Sonic series.

The melody is just so funky and catchy there's really not so much needed to make a decent song of it.

Just hope it's good enough being my first remix.

I usually compose music but when I'm out of ideas it's fun to work with a remix.

This is the first I've ever finnished though.

-----------------------------------------------------

http://www.zophar.net/vgm/sonic2.zip - "Sky High Zone"

Aside from fleshing it out with some defaulty sounds, going for some legitimately phat beats, and changing the lead from verse to verse, this is offering almost nothing that the original composition didn't already offer.

You get props on selecting a really catchy Game Gear source tune, but no props for not arranging this more interpretively. As far as conservative covers go, awesome work, but you gotta create something more interpretive and unique. Read up on the Submissions Guidelines again, and compare recently posted OC ReMixes to their sources to hear more of those guidelines in action.

NO

• 2 weeks later...

Production is good, nice beats. As others have said though, it definitely lacks that OC element to it, the expansion of the source tune. You haven't added enough original elements. No original melody of your own to complement the source melody, no other sections. In music there is usually a 'section A' and then 'section B'.

This was just the same section constantly with the only changes being different instruments taking over from others, but playing the exact same notes. At 2 minutes into the song, as Vig mentioned, the left and right hand piano programming went a bit wrong when the left hand and right hand parts went to play the same note and ended up doubling it.

Sounds phat, but needs more variation to qualify for OC. Keep working on it.

NO