Progressive Rock - Lufia Medley (3 Songs): Deliverance

Hi peeps

This is a completed arrangement of  3 songs from Lufia and the Fortress of Doom, completely reharmonized and partwritten by hand over 6-7 months, to fit the theme of "Deliverance" from pain.  Also a nod to the fact that these are "Door of Journey", "Departures" and,"To A New World".  

It is a sad but also hopeful tune.  Yes, life is tough, but it can get better, and we can find small victories in the immense shadows.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rGUb_K-Uac4&feature=youtu.be

If you like please subscribe to my youtube channel as I'll be posting more remixes, music theory analysis, maybe some break downs of video game songs theory wise, maybe some game reviews and such, and some original music.

I am going to be submitting this to OCRemix later as I'm quite proud of the COMPOSITION. however, I'm not going to submit this version because I want to practice guitar and bass more and re record next year so I get a professional sound.  I did my best, but I just want this to be jaw droppingly good with the playing.  At that point I will also be re-engineering it too, but I think the mix is pretty decent, for me at least XD.  The different changes in dynamics between instruments and parts forced me to learn automation, so that was good lol

On 10/14/2018 at 9:23 AM, Michael_Lochlann said:

Hi peeps

This is a completed arrangement of  3 songs from Lufia and the Fortress of Doom, completely reharmonized and partwritten by hand over 6-7 months, to fit the theme of "Deliverance" from pain.  Also a nod to the fact that these are "Door of Journey", "Departures" and,"To A New World".  

It is a sad but also hopeful tune.  Yes, life is tough, but it can get better, and we can find small victories in the immense shadows.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rGUb_K-Uac4&feature=youtu.be

If you like please subscribe to my youtube channel as I'll be posting more remixes, music theory analysis, maybe some break downs of video game songs theory wise, maybe some game reviews and such, and some original music.

I am going to be submitting this to OCRemix later as I'm quite proud of the COMPOSITION. however, I'm not going to submit this version because I want to practice guitar and bass more and re record next year so I get a professional sound.  I did my best, but I just want this to be jaw droppingly good with the playing.  At that point I will also be re-engineering it too, but I think the mix is pretty decent, for me at least XD.  The different changes in dynamics between instruments and parts forced me to learn automation, so that was good lol

I've never actually heard this theme before. Lovely piece.

I did listen to the original first and then your cover.

Well.. I wish I could play piano like that and write piano arrangements like that but I'm lost in the piano world. I really liked that about your track, seriously. Piano arrangement was top notch. I think the pace of the track was great, you didn't try to hurry the song along and that really shows skill in someone's ability to tell a story with music. Something I must improve on myself and that I admire in your case.

Bring bass tone into the song a little, it sounds a little dry in comparison to the other instruments, IMO. But you wanna know the really great news? I'm listening to this a second time, because I WANT to. I don't usually do that with others work too often :) I'd like to hear more piano from you in the future.

The variety of instruments is lovely and you have I suppose a Gilmour-esque guitar feel to the lead parts which is nice. I do think that when the first heavy guitar chuggs come in that the rhythm tone is a little muddy and could benefits from a dryer tone with more presence and a little less gain. Take out the gain and quad track the guitars and you'll get a massive beefy rhythm guitar. Also when you built up the drums and then everything stopped, I think it fell kinda flat. I was all ready for a huge BOOM! :) Just my opinion.

I hope that wasn't too negative. I only say the things I say with love because I really enjoyed the track. This is by no means an attack on your technical or writing ability. It's more of a production thing for me.

I really liked it! ^.^

If you want to hear more of this type of stuff (I do a lot of piano and rock/metal stuff) feel free to subscribe to my youtue channel by clicking this link: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCE0swoFG1-iBP7QRGbeHsgg?sub_confirmation=1  i already subbed to yours.

thanks for the feedback! it's funny, most people just say "I like it."  You have to talk to someone who makes music seriously to get real feedback.  haha.  yeah my best instrument is piano. it's a great instrument to learn composition and theory on because you can very easily change chords and see how the chords interplay with the melody.  

i agree, bass and guitar tone is a challenge for me, i get better every time i record, but it's surprisingly difficult to get a good sound! I blame the knobs! too many knobs and i want to turn them all!

the lufia soundtrack is good all around if you like rpg music.