*NO* Final Fantasy 6 'Your Quest Will End'

Liontamer

Contact Info :

- ReMixer Name : SideCut

- Email Adress : voltz@bluemail.ch

Remix Info :

- Final Fantasy 6

- Terra's Theme

- Hi, this is the first remix I send you, hope you'll like it. I made it in 2001 only using a Roland JX-305, and at the time I was unaware of the existence of Overclocked ReMix. I only have this audio file left on which I can't work a lot, cause I lost most of my MIDI files in 2002, and since then, haven't composed anything, having been a bit disgusted. But I still have a few remixes I think I could share with you. I'll send them in the next weeks.

FOLLOW-UP (1/8): Hi, just a message to say that I changed a bit the encoding (url hasn't changed), because I noticed that there were some clicks and

glitches (not present in my *.wav file) around between 1:00 and 1:40.

I tried to reencode at 112k fixed rate, but strangely the problems always occur exactly at the same place. I tried at 96k, but it produces some "bass drum chorus" (one kick is normal, then the next is flanged, then the next is flanged otherwise, then the next isn't, then...). So finally, the 112 variable is the best result I can get without sacrifying too much.

------------------------------------------------------

http://snesmusic.org/v2/download.php?spcNow=ff6 - "Tina" (ff6-201.spc)

The harsh truth: Should have subbed it in 2001. The standards were lower and this would have been a decent-enough fit back in the day based on this genre adaptation.

Viewing it with today's eyes though, the textures are pretty thin and generic. The arrangement does morph around a bit over time, but constantly focuses on the same few bars of the source without keeping things varied or interesting enough.

There's some gradual build going on with more elements introducing themselves over time followed by some straightforward but observable dynamic shifts, but none of that mitigated those texture or arrangement issues, IMO.

EDIT (1/8): The new encoding doesn't affect the arrangement and thereby doesn't affect the judgement.

NO

• 4 weeks later...

MM, basic mix. It's catchy, and enjoyable. But it's definitely not up to standards. It's similar to an Ultima remix we had submitted a year ago that was pretty groovy, and would've been a hit mix 6 years ago, but it's not up to the standards today.

Most of your synth and pad sounds are in their basic form, with simple delay effects on them to give them an edge. The mix drags on with this sort of basic mixing technique padding a lot of it. Even if this was touched up, I still think its length would be its ultimate downfall.

NO