FMDrive vs RYM2612. Also, SN76489?

So, I've heard pros and cons for both.

While RYM2612 is more full-featured and offers a better GUI (and better customer service), the price point is higher (€49) than FMDrive (€20).

So, which one is really worth it?

Also, the other thing:

I've been using Plogue's chipsounds plugin for emulation of SN76489. It's very good, especially with pitch bending. Is it the best thing for that, though?

FMDrive's sound quality is solid and it has great features, output filtering included. Unfortunately, everything is obscured behind an extremely obtuse (yet admittedly pretty) UI, so I can't really recommend it. SPSG is a nice SN76289 plug, and is far more usable.

RYM2612 is my #1 recommendation as it's lightweight and well-designed. Toggles for original output filtering, DAC audio in, and every FM parameter is up front and visible at all times. It's also 50% off at the moment - the code is right under the price! (https://www.inphonik.com/products/rym2612-iconic-fm-synthesizer/)

plogue's stuff is also excellent and feature-rich, especially chipsounds MD. Pitch bending is one thing I'm still trying to find a solution for, unfortunately. Coming off of trackers where I can just slide a note at a set rate, it's not quite as easy to do with a pitch wheel or portamento settings. As far as sound quality/accuracy goes, though, plogue's stuff is top notch.

11 minutes ago, HeavyViper said:

plogue's stuff is also excellent and feature-rich, especially chipsounds MD. Pitch bending is one thing I'm still trying to find a solution for, unfortunately. Coming off of trackers where I can just slide a note at a set rate, it's not quite as easy to do with a pitch wheel or portamento settings. As far as sound quality/accuracy goes, though, plogue's stuff is top notch.

Like I say below, I have been using the regular chipsounds plugin through sforzando, and I think the pitch bending is fantastic. But I never used trackers, so I've been using MIDI since day one. I guess it just takes some adjustment.

FMDrive's sound quality is solid and it has great features, output filtering included. Unfortunately, everything is obscured behind an extremely obtuse (yet admittedly pretty) UI, so I can't really recommend it. SPSG is a nice SN76289 plug, and is far more usable.

I'm considering it for the ladder effect. Unless that's included in Chipsounds MD... I've been using just the regular chipsounds plugin through sforzando so far.

RYM2612 is my #1 recommendation as it's lightweight and well-designed. Toggles for original output filtering, DAC audio in, and every FM parameter is up front and visible at all times. It's also 50% off at the moment - the code is right under the price! (https://www.inphonik.com/products/rym2612-iconic-fm-synthesizer/)

Promo code isn't working... I think I missed the sale. It's already December 2nd...