Gauntlet Title Cover

ohaiguy

Was fun! Gauntlet Dark Legacy is my favorite ost. But, I realized I never actually listened to the original before. So, I tried to do a kinda fusion of the two styles into the title theme. Any excuse to put people screaming and random bat noises into a track I guess :P

I like this, but that might not reflect the opinion of OCR officially...it sucks that every time I give feedback I have to give this caveat, but hey, I don't see any of them foraying down here in to the trenches to give feedback, so what's a n00b to do?  

The moogy bass and those strings, the percussion and drums are a tad on the low-fi side, but I dig em.  If you're looking to submit, you'll have to find a way to either hybridize a modern sound, boost that E/Q on all the instruments, or do a full sound upgrade.  That is my sense of things from listening to a lot of posted tracks anyways.  Also, I don't know if there is enough reinterpretation going on.  Still, this was a fun listen.  

Naah, I don't mind if this doesn't get submitted or anything. I just wanted to have some fun and make something to see if I could get the feel some of the original Gauntlet had. 

If anything, I wish I could figure out where they get some of their samples from and work from there. Some of these things I've been able to find. Like, they used the base computer soundfonts for layers on a lot of stuff. But, other things, like their brass and strings, no idea.

Edited by ohaiguy

• 3 months later...

I really enjoy the harpsichord-y Baroque-esque take on the theme, e.g. the end section starting at 1:52 -- I think it really suits the melody and would love to hear a more fully-developed fugue on it or something. Overall, quite a fun (maybe eclectic) little track you've put together!