Gilga-MASH! (the best thing I could come up with right now)

ShinnyMetal

I think this one has a lot of promise, a couple of points I'd like to hit before more help comes along:

The intro reveals the song too early, IMO. If you just hinted at each part of the main phrase it'd have a greater impact.

You can tell the piano is canned in the intro - it needs more reverb, a little bit throughout.

Transition into the main (louder) section is spotty, and needs to flow more effectively. Consider a rising drumset beat.

Percussion is too basic and could use a lot of creativity, and just more sound throughout the main section.

It's a good start, but a long way from an OCRemix right now.

• 2 weeks later...

That's definately sounding a lot better. You've clearly been tuning the levels of the instruments and as a result the body sounds a lot fuller. I'm not particularly digging the keyboard that comes in at 2:26 though. It's like the fullness you had established earlier in the song is suddenly gone. I kinda get where you're going with it, but to me it feels like the other instrumentation that fell silent at that point should come back in shortly rather than disappearing entirely for the remainder of the song. That said, with the improvement you showed in your previous update it's clear to me that you're going in the right direction and if you keep at it, you'll end up with something pretty nice.

• 4 weeks later...