Metroid: Samus Returns - "Fearless Hunter" (Surface of SR388 Remix)

I crafted my remix based around the idea of "what if I were asked to score Samus Returns," and the answer to that question is "less sci-fi inspired dark wave, and more Saturday morning cartoon superhero music." To that end, although I have listed my remix as being for Samus Returns, I arranged it based on the original version of the theme from the Metroid II, rather than the iteration heard in Samus Returns. I believe that Daisuke Matsuoka (the composer for Samus Returns) did a magnificent job of interpreting Yoshitomi's original composition. Sadly, Matsuoka's version does not speak to my nostalgia

Samus Aran is an important character for me not only because she is the first female video game character I ever played as, but because I was a closeted trans girl when the original Metroid and Metroid II were released. I found solace in playing as a character perceived of as masculine or a man, despite actually being a woman. So consider this remix to be a little bit of a celebration for Pride Month too

I kept the structure of the verse identical to the original piece (save for the all new rock percussion), but created an entirely new bridge in the style of a Riot Grrrl punk riff (maybe a little more grunge?). Anyway, I had fun creating this remix, and hope you all have even more fun listening to it! 

Song Title: "Fearless Hunter" (Surface of SR388 Remix)

Originally Composed By: Ryoji Yoshitomi

Arranged and Performed By: The Native Dialect

BPM: 115

Style: Synth Wave/Riot Grrrl/Grunge

Hardware: iMac, Ibanzez Talman

Software: GarageBand, Zebra2, Audacity

"Fearless Hunter"

Source: "Surface of SR388"

Edited by Native Dialect