Ocarina of Time - Forest Temple

bGevko

• 1 month later...

Yo, this is sick!! Who knew the Forest Temple theme could be so chill?!

You kinda tricked me with the intro, and as you've said in the video, it started out trying to be creepy, but I love how it starts out very similar to the source and then transitions into this beautiful slow jam. Like some sort of mischievous poe just chilling in the temple waiting for the Hero of Time to show up. Must get boring waiting 7 years, right? This is probably what they stick on in their downtime.

I digress...

Back to the remix, I've only got 1 criticism and that's the kick drum has an odd balance to the EQ that I'm hearing in my headphones. Sounds like you're trying to give it a subtle woodblock effect, and it's just introducing some artifacts that are punching a little too hard for my liking - sort of takes my focus off the chill vibe. You might want to consider finding a tighter kick sample, and just dialling the gain/compression back a bit on that. I know what it's like when you're working on a track and your ears become fatigued to a certain sound, but what you've got here is so good that it really deserves to have that tweaked to do it justice.

Listened to it 5 times now, really hope you make that adjustment and get it submitted to the site - would like to see what the judges think about this!