Final Fantasy VII - Opening | Bombing Mission

MartinH

https://youtu.be/N3jCsGeEf_k

Hello folks! 
I'm not sure why I started creating this remix, I just felt such an eager to focus some love on one of the best games ever made. And the intro is really something, I remebered the jaw dropping when I saw it the first time back in 1998. I had one good friend who owned a PS and I'm so happy I got the opportunity to be introduced to this masterpiece when it was somehow new.

I have to confess, this is the most difficult remix so far. Not only because of the grand composition by master Nobuo Uematsu, but also because of the original style is aligned to the orchestra/symphonic genre which is far away from my ordinary synthwave/retrowave. I tried to mix both styles in this one piece.

0:00 - Opening
One of the best introductions to any video game in my opinion. The atmosphere and visual impression are spot on to what kind of place Mako City is. I wanted to modernize and absorb the theme into my synth style, and I hope I succeeded with that without too much loss of the original.  

1:17 - Bombing Mission
This theme is so cool, and so fitting to the intensity of the mission before you. I couldn't stray too far off the original's boundaries without losing too much brilliance from it (I tried a couple of variations) so I kept it as it is, mostly. I added some chords here and there, and of course a drum beat. The lead synths used here are multiple variations from my signature lead, tweaked to sound a bit more like brass which the original composition is all about. 

I'm not sure why I keep transcribing everything by ear, it's really hard sometimes which showed clearly while writing this remix. All the things happening in this theme was hard to keep track of from time to time, and it took me forever to just finish the transcription xD I guess it's kind of more freedom to just transcribe any song you want, instead of searching for MIDI files or sheet music. But enough about that!

Thanks for listening!