Marvel Super Heroes - Psylocke Theme (Deep House Remix)

Marvel Super Heroes isn't quite as well remembered as it's predecessor, X-Men: Children of the Atom, or successor, the Marvel vs. Capcom games, but I think it is the standout title in Capcom's series, not only in terms of gameplay and roster, but musically as well Among my favorite themes is Psylocke's stage theme. It's stylistically similar to Psylocke's previous theme from XMCOTA, but has a more upbeat chord progression. As such, I thought it'd be super fun to turn Psylocke's theme into a Deep House track (I love dancing!!). Yuki Iwai, the original theme's composer, did such a great job giving Psylocke's theme such a danceable rhythm, reminiscent of the Streets of Rage 2 soundtrack. As always, I had fun creating this remix. I hope you all have even more fun listening to it!

Song Title: "From Atop a Moonlit Train" (Psylocke Theme Remix)

Originally Composed By: Yuki Iwai

Arranged and Performed By: The Native Dialect

BPM: 144

Style: Deep House

Hardware: M1 MacBook Air

Software: GarageBand, Audacity

From Atop a Moonlit Train

Source

Edited by Native Dialect

Nice work. It has a very retro feel and true to the original. If that's what you're aiming for, GJ! One suggestion in regards to the drums: the hi hats and the snare sounds like it's occupying the same frequency range. You can high cut EQ the snare or scoop out some of the high end to make room for the hi hat. You can also boost some of the mid range of the snare to give it more presence. You can also choose a different snare sample with more punch or use a clap. If you have any questions on anything else feel free to send me a message. I'm trying to get more involved with the community.

Cheers,

Kris

• 1 month later...