Mega Man X - Sigma's Remorse (Sigma Stage 1 remix)

MartinH

https://youtu.be/rbrB1sHScyw

This theme has so much potential. Did I manage to bring forth some of that potential? I'm really not sure. It was hard taking this forward, both musically and soundwise. Not matter what, I did bring it together and share it with you, and I'm happy how it turned out. 

I put a waste lot of time on the original parts, not sure why and what I really got out of that, it just happened. My own composition at 1:27 to 1:57, especially the first part was heavily inspired by a song from the 80s progressive rock band "It Bites", which I listened a lot to back in the days, and recently listen to a lot. Just love their first two or three albums.

My initial plan for this remix was one of a very synthwavey sound, which is most represented in 0:38 through 1:02, then my plan got smashed by other ideas. However, I think a 100% synthwave version of this theme would fit very well. One day I might get back to this (with better skills in music and production) and synthwave the heck out of it.

I think this is a starting point for doing more Mega Man X themes in a near future!