ChRemix Trigger - Chrono Trigger Album Cover

Hi all,

I made this project a few years back as a life goal of mine to cover the entire soundtrack for Chrono Trigger. I would love some feedback on what I did right and what could be improved as I start to look at my next project idea. The arrangement and instrumentation was done by me, the music is from Chrono Trigger, although I did use some of the unreleased tracks because they sounded too cool not to include. I tried to make the album sound consistent by using the same instruments but interesting by rearranging what instruments played. Some personal favorites of mine include Into the Sewers and Tyranno Lair. I would like to submit some tracks to the website but not sure which ones are the stand out ones.

ChRemix Trigger - The Other Dimensions

Jesus this is some commitment. Off the cuff, going through a couple tracks I will say given the depth of the project, it would be understandable that some tracks are relatively underdeveloped. While I think that is mostly true, many of the tracks have some interesting ideas that probably couldn't have been taken to their fullest because of time constraints etc. But the ideas that are there are pretty enjoyable! Some of them don't work for me but when they hit I'm like oh wow, that's something you could take and go deeper later.

So I think in a way it comes across as a cool sketch book of ideas. That's not necessarily a bad thing though. On the contrary, I enjoy that about what's going on. It's inspirational in that way. I think if you had a smaller project you could go more in depth but it's like this big ol' thing was like a huge canvas for you to paint a whole city of cool sights and sounds. Nice job.

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/2/2023 at 10:54 AM, H36T said:

So I think in a way it comes across as a cool sketch book of ideas. That's not necessarily a bad thing though. On the contrary, I enjoy that about what's going on. It's inspirational in that way.

Well said.  Often this to me is the fun part!  Bringing a song from 80% to the metaphorical 100% is sometimes my least favorite segment.  I hope it was indeed enjoyable!