Seeking musician for Donkey Kong Country style game [Commission]

Hi there. Despite this being my first account, I have been browsing ocremix since 2007 when I was in high school. And now that I have my own game company, I am looking for the right musician who will bring to life one of my life's goals.

I need help finding a musician for a DKC style game I am making. That means music is going to be very important. This person will need to have passion for the Donkey Kong Country series. Much better if they grew up on it like I did. My small team is currently making a demo to send out to the public at the last part of this year to be used for either a Kickstarter or Patreon. It's a 2D platformer game that resembles DKC, from the look of the super nintendo game, to the usage of monkeys and gators. Despite it having a lot of similarities, it's also meant to be its own game. This is a serious project. We already have the character models produced and currently building the levels. It won't be using cutouts like the SNES game, but will try to resemble the look using shaders with a modern twist (what we will think DKC would look like if it was DKC HD or something). The game will have a similar jungle aestethic to it with barrels and everything. The antagonists are more industrialists, pushing more of what King K Rool resembled in theme in contrast to the kongs in DKC. The player is basically trying to kick them off the island as they are slowly turning the landscape into an industrial nightmare by some land estate baron.

The style will be matching as close to the SNES  DKC games style as possible (particularly DKC1 and DKC2). This does not mean reusing the same melodies, but think giving it memorable and sometimes telling a story through simpler chords (I was not much of a fan of the Wii game soundtracks. They were beautiful, but a bit too busy. I always thought they were better fit for an orchestra). Ambience is very important, with a small mix of the more upbeat style from DKC2.

So yes, if you think you have what it takes, or know anyone that is very good at DKC music creation, send them my way. DM me and I can give email, too. This is commission based, which means I'll be paying for each track and any edits I need to be done after a track is delivered. Bonus if they know how to do sound effects or know someone who does.

Thanks!

OIG (1).jpg

Edited by Fgg