*NO* Super Smash Bros. Melee "Persian Improv Sword"

prophetik music

Persian Improv Sword

Marth from Super Smash Bros. Melee.

Marth was one of my favorite playable characters from this game.  I bought it in February 2002.   

The 5:00 mark is loosely based on the oil level from Sonic 2 for Genesis.

This song is roughly based on the Persian scale from The Guitar Grimoire:

G-G#-B-C-C#-Eb-F#-G

The book has about 40 different scales in it by the way, you should check it out.  It made this song possible as I learned it in 2005.  No, I am not sponsoring them or accepting any endorsements from them.

Epic sword battles have taken place from Marth against Donkey Kong, Ganondorf, and Falco.  Marth and the final opponent are both at 100% damage, one life left each.  This is battle music folks.  There’s a fire flower, proximity mines, and poké balls.  Who will win?

The sound bank you hear comes as MONO by default and I wanted to explore the realm of a solo improv piece using a MONO soundbank.  The Lo-Fi sound here is killer like Dave’s Killer Bread (the bread even shows this guy playing a guitar lol).  I just keep hearing epic sword battles from Marth, as he is one of the quickest and most agile characters as well.  I am not sponsoring or endorsing that bread either people.

I have perfect pitch, so I am navigating the keyboard improv MONO.  Creativity is in demand by ethical people, this proves it, no?

OK, so, the song is 8mins 15 seconds long, but this is an improv piece, one that I cannot really get down to a "T".  Please forgive me for making the song more than 7 minutes.  I hope this song will be an exception to the golden rule here.

The Upper Maridia song from Super Metroid would be one of my next contenders in a song for OCRemix (besides a long-lost OCRemix tune).  Thank you!  — dolphin92329

Games & Sources

Marth from Super Smash Bros. Melee for Nintendo Gamecube.  Not a soundtrack, my interpretation of Marth.  So, yes, is VGM.

Edited by prophetik music

unfortunately this breaks a number of the Submission Standards.

• while 1.1 details a wav requirement with no size restrictions, it's reasonable to assume that a 1.4gb file in 192k 32-bit float is excessive. while your track does contain content up past 80khz, our ears don't, so that's not really needed.
  • 3.1 specifies that the music for the arrangement must have been actually used in the game. this does not appear to be true.
  • 4.2 details what constitutes an arrangement. as this is instead something original to you, none of this is fulfilled.
  • 4.3 details a requirement around identifiable and dominant source material. there is no source material used, so this isn't fulfilled.
  • 5.2 details production requirements. none of this appears to be followed.
  • 6.1 details evaluation requirements. the ownership and source material requirements are not fulfilled.

we aren't going to be able to evaluate this, nor does a track inspired by but not an arrangement of vgm have a place on OCRemix, unfortunately. it's an interesting exploratory piece when it's not scaring my cats away from my desk, but ultimately a mono solo improv like this isn't going to have wide reception.

NO OVERRIDE

• Liontamer changed the title to *NO* Super Smash Bros. Melee "Persian Improv Sword"