wavelab lite

Amazing midi

anvil studio

Akoff music composer

creative Vienna soundfont studio

All the software not listed that comes with an audigy 2 zs platinum

Am looking at getting

Magix soundpool collection 12 DVD

What else do I need to get the realistic instrument sound? I'm looking at both composing and remixing.

I have another 80 dollars to invest into this project. What would you all suggest to convert midis into realistic sounding MP3s?

Thank you!

What would you all suggest to convert midis into realistic sounding MP3s?

Nothing that you have right now. The only useful sequencer I can think of that's under $80 is Renoise, which is actually very capable but will be terribly confusing for you [it even boggles me sometimes], if you're used to stuff like Finale Printmusic or Anvil Studio [which are terrible, unless you actually need Finale to print sheet music].

If you can go up to $100 or even $150, FL Studio is a bargain. There are different bundles for FL though:

http://www.flstudio.com/documents/SUB_75.html

That shows the difference between packages. Here's some advice: if you don't know what it is, you don't need it yet. You can always upgrade later.

I'm assuming you already have a few soundfonts. FL Studio can load any midis you've made previously, and you have the option to replace your midi channels with soundfonts. Once you have a DAW like FL Studio, Sonar, or Cubase [or maybe something else], you can just forget about making .mid files altogether, and just compose right in the software.

I'm afraid if you want a truly realistic sound you are out of luck, or at least a few hundred bucks. If you check the ReMixing board there are threads you can look in for some samples or names of things to buy.