ipods, FM transmitters, car stereos, ect..

EdgeCrusher

Ok. Right now I have an ipod, and have a cd player I'm going to put in my car to replace an older one. The cd player I have to put in has a left and right audio RCA jack like deal on the back of it. I know I could run a cord to that and put it as my aux on the cd player. But since I will be using it in my car, and possibly in friend's cars and on tour with a band, I'd really like to use an FM transmitter if possible so I can use in multiple vehicles. Anyone had any exerience with these that could possibly tell me more about if any of them are worth a crap or not. Also, are there any good car stereos out now with the ipod hook ups in the front of it?

I used my friend's belkin that he got at walmart. It wasn't a charger combo, just the one that has the digital readout of what FM station. Anyway, long story short, it sucked dick. Way too much static in it no matter what position you had the ipod and transmitter in.

The one I have allows you to adjust the broadcast channel, and have 4 preset channels. So basically it suits my needs. Once adjusted, it works like a charm.

I used my friend's belkin that he got at walmart. It wasn't a charger combo, just the one that has the digital readout of what FM station. Anyway, long story short, it sucked dick. Way too much static in it no matter what position you had the ipod and transmitter in.

Read up reviews on the one I recommended. You will be pleased. :)

I read the reviews of it on amazon. Seems to rank higher than anything I check ed on before. Only thing that seems to be better is 79 dollar model, but if I'm going to pay that much, I'll just go all out and buy the 149 dollar set up that includes a screen you can mount at the wheel and a dial to mouth to the wheel to change songs.