Microphone and SBAudigy+ASIO

MaliceX

Okay, I mananged to get my hands on a (finally) VSTi Vocoder synth (V0c0v, got it from KVR recently). Using the capture plugin as an effect, it can pick up anything the VST effect is picking up (in this case, a passthru of audio) and use the VSTi to play vocoded notes and shit.

Now the problem is, using an Audigy and ASIO, for some strange reason Creative decided to be asses and not provide support for Microphone input (analog mix doesn't work, and line in doesn't pick up my mic or anything in ASIO mode) as an option when working in ASIO with the Audigy. Aside from NOT using ASIO or recording then placing the recording through, is there any way to work around this problem?

In short

Mic in + ASIO(audigy) = Doesn't work. How to go around?

EDIT: For those interested in the VSTi vocoder, http://www.g200kg.com/index_e.html

if your using creative's drivers uninstall and get rid of them. download the latest KX Audio drivers for your audigy card, this should fix your problem.

even with creative's you should be able to do it, even though the latency on those drivers is horrible. just make sure Line In/Aux In is enabled and turned up. if you have the breakout box for the audigy then its Line 2/Aux 2 i think...

Define 'enabled'. (they are always enabled via volume and recording volume controls. All my volumes are maxed and nothing's muted.)

And I'm talking about ASIO mode. Line-in seems to deliberately 'turn off' with my SBAudigy2 PCI here. MIC's no problem, other than the issue of it not being a selectable recording source in ASIO.

And no I am not going to kX drivers until someone can convince me it's a better alternative with similar functions.

asio4all was mainly designed for onboard soundchips(builtin sound on the motherboard).the kx drivers are the better solution for Creative based cards. they were programmed off of the same OpenAL source that creative used to make their own drivers. Except the KX team removed all the garbage code and useless features that mangles the audio that creatives drivers are famous for :). In replacement they give free reign over the routing of the audio with the card. Plus much more reliable and lower latency ASIO driver. The only downside, the kx drivers do not support EAX. The drivers are mainly designed for those who want to record music with their card.

peace.