g200kg vOcOv 1.10 (free VSTI Vocoder)

http://www.g200kg.com/archives/software_vocov_e.html

http://www.g200kg.com/music/vocovdemo6.mp3 (MP3 deni)

New Features:

*stereo carrier from "Capture" supported

*modulator "Comp" parameter added

*vocoder "Mangle" parameter added

*wet/dry mix parameter added

*fixed preset-name lost bug when save bank

I must say it is quite something being free of charge. It may not look much, but it definetly has extreme capabilities. Also, other than Vokator, this works as a VST instrument and integrates the capture effect plugin very well.

Seriously, take a look. A lot of possible uses!

Well, the main reason this exists is, in my opinion, to cater for those that cannot use vocoder VSTs and be able to modify the notation of it. (VST-effects can't handle MIDI notation in many audio hosts) Anyway, how it works...

The modulator works just as well as your source input material (ie: VOICE). You can either use an existing wav file, or use the 'from carrier' method, from which you will have to add 'vOcOvcapture.dll' to an audio or mixer track where you can insert vocal or other material to modulate the carrier.

The carrier can be used the same way. apply 'vocovcapture.dll' but set this at (let's say) channel 2. Do the same on the vOcOv instrument GUI. Otherwise you can stick with using its inbuilt OSC to handle notation as the modulator processes the 'dry sound' with the carrier. If you do indeed use capture for carrying audio signals as well, (ie: You don't like the inbuilt OSC so you have something else in mind) please pass MIDI notation to the VSTi or whatever you're using to carry 'notation' in audio.

Note, if you are using wav files as modulator while using a capture signal as carrier via vocovcapture.dll, you must send MIDI notation to BOTH vOcOv and the VSTi/whatever used in question.

I've found this to work using Hermann-seib's VSTHost here:

http://www.hermannseib.com/english/vsthost.htm (free vst/vsti host, modular environment used for insta-performances or simply testing a plugin) Using this, I had my audio signal picked up via my recording device to one capture instance, while external carrier (Albino3 or anything) using another capture instance linked, and vOcOv's capture channels set accordingly.

In my usual DAW, (Sony ACID Pro 6.0d) it works, however nothing gets passed through unless something is playing. (AUDIO THRU not enabled, I don't know how to turn it on) but otherwise it does work. I had two buses both containing vOcOvcapture.dll (one channel 1, the other channel 2) and vOcOv running. I had Albino 3 linked to Bus A (carrier) while my audio track on the project timeline was linked to Bus B (modulator).

Don't forget to switch on Stereo Carrier if you do use external carrier sound!