Renoise 1.8 Released

So Renoise, a modern take on the classic FT2 interface, has just updated to version 1.8. If you've never heard of it before [or FastTracker 2, for that matter], you can check it out at http://www.renoise.com/. It's quite different from everything most of you have used, but I find tracker interfaces fun to use, though a lot of Renoise is still confusing because I haven't used it extensively yet. Listen to the demo songs though and you'll hear how capable this thing is. I think the best part is that it's such a bargain at 50 bucks. So like, even I can afford it!

Here's a video of it in action

lol

News post about it:

01.03.2007 (by Bantai) @ 01:29:03 Renoise 1.8 Final

Our work is finally complete. Renoise 1.8 Final has gone gold.

With your help we have created an exceptionally streamlined music production package.

renoise18final.gif

Suddenly feel the need to express your feelings? Post it in the Official 1.8 Final Release Celebration Thread.

Download

Renoise 1.8.0 Final

If you are a registered user, get the full version.

Renoise 1.8.0 Final Demo

The demo does not support ASIO and cannot render songs.

Highlight features

Read the complete changelog.

Latest changes in Final

Renoise 2.0?

We bet you are already wondering what the next version will bring.

Discussions about the contents of future updates exist in plentiful

amounts, but the first thing we will do is taking a short break.

Anyway, a lot of changes have been made under the hood that will allow us release updates more frequently than before.

BeatBattle 5

We are currently preparing our traditional music competition BeatBattle. There are some interesting changes to the rules that will test your skills more than ever. The official announcement will follow soon, so be prepared.

Closing words

A big thanks to all who helped testing the 1.8 beta and RC releases. Renoise 1.8 evolved a lot thanks to your reports and suggestions.

We hope you enjoy Renoise 1.8.

The Renoise team

So yeah, just pimping this 'cause it's keeping the tracker spirit alive.