Liontamer

Username: Exis

Name: Feliciano Moody

Email: dj_dark22@hotmail.com

Web: www.mp3.com.au/exis and www.mp3.com.au/dabastard

ReMix Info

Game: Megaman X5

Name: X5 Theme

Comments: I was inspired to make this song as soon as I heard the opening theme for Megaman X5. I fell in love with the tune instantly.

Note: Just to inform you that I made this song in 2002 under my old alias producer name 'Da Bastard' but have long since changed my producer name to Exis. I have decided to rename all my songs by the author Exis but the song is still under Da Bastard in the site because I havent updated it.

You fell in love with a song from megaman x5? i dont understand.

OOOH okay this song is actually from the original megaman X. if it was in X5, it was a remix.

Not bad for what it is: straightforward trance. It works as a trance track, but there's too much repetition and not enough arrangement for an OCReMix.

NO

• 1 month later...

Rockman X1~6 Collection - (530) "Megaman X5 Opening Theme"

Pretty by-the-numbers trance adaptation. Good power behind the dance kicks, and reasonably decent production even if the sounds were pretty stock. Changed up at 1:10 to a transition section, before some more beats were added at 1:37. So far, nothing else having to do with arranging MMX5. Fades down and immediately repeats itself at 2:10 with some slightly different sound choices at 2:23 (compared to :17 the first time around). End.

Not bad for what it is: straightforward trance. It works as a trance track, but there's too much repetition and not enough arrangement for an OCReMix.

Indeed. The arrangement only touches the intro of the source tune and leaves everything else alone. Could have had more of a chance if the second half wasn't a mere retread of the first. Needs more variation and further interpretation.

NO

• 1 month later...