Resizing Firefox

Effector

Firefox and I have had some issues with window resizing (it consistently boots up off screen) and now it's really jumpy when I drag the corner around to resize it. I don't want to maximize it. (I have problems with my maximizing - when running WindowBlinds, maximizing windows covers up the taskbar, plus I like having a gap between the taskbar and the bottom of windows to fit winamp into.)

I can't find any add-ons that really fix my problem, but I've heard of people writing Java code and sticking it in their bookmarks bar to flip between a few set sizes (often for checking for site compatibility over multiple resolutions). There are a few add-ons that duplicate that functionality, but none that let me put in my own resolution, and/or position.

I was wondering if:

a.) anyone here had done that or knew how in JavaScript, or

b.) anyone knew of a add-on to fix it.

Thanks a bunch.

The WebDeveloper toolbar for Firefox allows you to specify a custom size and use it as window size.

https://addons.mozilla.org/firefox/60/

Install it, restart Firefox, enable the toolbar and go to Resize. If you size your window the way you want it to be, you can go to Resize > Display Window Size and copy the relevant information(Window size) Afterwards, go to Resize > Edit Resize Dimensions and add your desired windowsize. Now you can go to Resize and select the entered size to use it.

Normally this should also be stored in Firefox after exiting, might be a profile quirk, or it could be Javascript fucking up on your homepage or any other page you visit regularly. Go to Tools > Options > Content and click Advanced next to Enable Javascript to disable some of the standard Javascript annoyances that might be interfering.

Thanks, Smoke. The add-on works like a charm, but Firefox still isn't keeping the size stored after close (it goes back to same size, no matter what). No combination of Javascript settings fixes it; I had run into that suggestion before, with no luck.

I'd like to do it automatically on startup - with that add-on, I lose a lot of viewport area (something I'm already short on) and still have to do some annoying clicking every time I open Firefox. Granted, it's a good solution for now, but I'd like a more permanent fix.

• 1 month later...