*NO* Metroid Prime 2 & Chrono Trigger 'Echoes of the Pipe Organ'

Liontamer

(may need to copy and paste that into a browser)

Greetings, my Remixer Name is Heruwath Lomgil.

This is a remix of Metroid Prime 2: Echoes and it includes bits of Shala's Theme from Chrono Trigger.

I know the music from the Metroid series primarily from having played most of them several times through, so I don't know the names of the tracks, sorry.

This is a scrap-and-start-over second attempt at a remix I tried to make a while ago that I called Echoes of the Past.

It was originally a mix of the original Metroid Title Screen theme, but I incorporated bits of the track corresponding to the Emperor Ing from Metroid Prime 2 and brought in Shala's Theme from Chrono Trigger (I just couldn't help it). I tossed some funeral sounding church bells and a sad sounding oboe into the pot, and this mix is what came out.

I've been trying to put the Metroid main theme into pipe organ for a couple of years now, and I think I've finally nailed it down.

I hope this remix meets your expectations.

Heruwath

--------------------------------------------

Though it didn't impact my decision, there were several light pops all over the place (:12, :14-:17, :32, :39, 1:16-1:17, 1:20-1:22, 1:40, 2:08, 2:26) that need to be eliminated.

Metroid Prime 2 (Game Rip) - 01 "Title Theme", & 56 "Vs. Emperor Ing 1 (Long)" or 57 "Vs. Emperor Ing 2 (Long)"

http://snesmusic.org/v2/download.php?spcNow=ct - "Sara's Theme" (ct-3-06.spc)

Can't tell which Emperor Ing theme was involved here, but it doesn't really matter. The arrangement ideas are decent, and I think the Chrono Trigger references were combined well. Though the results were teetering on serviceable, the instrumentation was pretty bland. There's a certain depth missing to all of it. Everything should sound richer, and the texture feels empty as if this could use one more element. I'd need some second opinions on what approach would better remedy the emptiness, i.e. beefing the existing sounds up or adding more elements. It could even need both. But the bottom line is that the textures were too simple, specifically for the organ-driven sections that were meant to sound full.

NO (refine/resubmit)

• 1 month later...

Bland is the word. The way this is arranged is just boring. The piece is evidently meant to be gentle, even sad sounding, but that doesn't mean you can go lazy and just use two or three quickly-sequenced instruments through the mix. You need to layer your textures and make the soundscape interesting. Really sink the listener into the mood that you're trying to set.

This needs a lot of work before it's passable.

NO