Help With Vsti In Fruityloops Please.

DAB

Hi , please help i dont no if its possible but i am trying to run a instruments from separte vsti together but dont no how to get this to work , say for example i am using vanguard vsti and stylus vsti how can i use them together using my midi keyboard.say piano from stylus and strings from vanguard. is it possible?

Also is it possible to program the lower half of the keyboard to say strings and the top piano as a example.

Please new to this all help will be greatly welcome.

Thanks

If you're recording to FL Studio, you'll have to do the two parts separately. Load stylus and vanguard into two separate channels and record one, than the other. It *might* be possible to record both parts at the same time if you can split your keyboard to send MIDI data to two MIDI channels at once; I haven't tried it and don't know if FL Studio will properly record both channels if you do this. If you only care about playback and won't actually be recording, it's a matter of finding out how your keyboard can send data to two different MIDI channels based on which notes you play, something that you need to look at your keyboard manual for.

Use a Layer!

I think you are either asking how to layer instruments, so you press one key on the keyboard, and both play, or how to split your keyboard, so, ohhh... lets say C5-C8 is Piano, and C3-B4 is strings. Layers are used for both in Fruity.

Method for layering:

1) create a layer channel.

2) click on the channel so you get its properties box thing.

3) Select the channels you want to have playing both at once, and then click "set children" in the layer properties box thing.

4) select your layer channel so Midi data is sent there, then play away!

The method for spliting is the exact same, but after doing all that, you set the ranges in each instruemnts properties box. Its the keyboard down the bottom - left click to set the range. To use the above example, open the piano and left click on C5, then left click on C8. Do the same for strings, but C3-B4 instead.

Then play!