*NO* Legend of Dragoon 'Worn Out Shoes'

Liontamer

* Your ReMixer name: VQ

* Your real name: Witold Meissner

* Your email address: VMeissner@gmail.com

* Your website: none yet, but soon... soon....

* http://www.ocremix.org/forums/member.php?u=4752

* Name of game ReMixed: Legend of Dragoon

* Name of individual song(s) ReMixed: World Map 2

* Additional information about game, if it has not yet been added to the site, including composer, system, etc.: I dont have any, I hadnt even heard of the game til I saw it in the requests forum....

* Link to the original soundtrack: I'd have provided it anyway... no need to be so demanding....

* Link to the remix: <-- suggestion, cos I almost forgot it.

* Your own comments about the mix, for example the inspiration behind it, how it was made, etc.

Hadnt been to OCR for a while, cos I was working on and releasing my first album (yay for me!). So with that done, I came back and looked around, and saw this in the requests forum, with links to the MP3s (which not many people do, but should... encourages mixers). So I downloaded 2 at random, and I really liked it this one. So I worked on it for 3-4 hours and liked what was coming out of it, and so a week later, I sat down for another hour or two, and finished it. Not much time went into this, but I enjoyed making it and loved the end result.

I changed the primary chord progression, which almost killed the song, but that led to the piano insert (so I could return to the original progression without it sounding strange), which ultimately added interest. I like the offset of mechanical/sharp vs fuzzy sounds in this, the texture created is awesome imo. Umm.... used Reason 3.0 (as always), default sample packs and synths...

O yeh!! And also, just wanted to say I _truely_ pity you judges... Out of interest I opened my first ever submission from 2 years ago, (Heres a link to a bit of it.... ) and wow... terrible.... and you guys have to listen to however many of these.... Thank god for improvement... Enjoy!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ha! Yeah, I remember that old sub. You got NO love on that one, and I don't mean the capital letters as a pun on our voting style!

The Legend of Dragoon Original Soundtrack - (19) "World Map 2"

Man, Legend of Dragoon AGAIN with this source tune hotness. That game has got some really beautiful stuff. Someone get a PSF pack out STAT and hook a brother up!

I liked the intro. Tightly timed, but it didn't sound inhumanly rigid at all. I liked the soundscape set up here and immediately made the connection to the source. Like I've said before, you're progressively getting better and it's showing.

By the 1:00 mark, the overall energy level was flirting with overstaying its welcome, but you had a decent changeup in the textures at 1:16. I feel like there was something missing in the 1:16 section to really give it a hook and make it feel like there was more direction, but I still like the overall textures and development.

Nice quiet section from 1:49-2:02, focused on the piano. Works well as a transition section.

2:34 briefly rehashed :46's melody only without the strings layered so deeply, before going for the full rehash from 3:05-3:43 seemingly only with quieter percussion. Ah man, why?

Definitely the closest I've come to passing something of yours, all the tools are in place for a nice chill offering. I think the second half just needs further development and interpretation to more significantly stand apart from the first half.

For so deliberately paced an arrangement, it's important to not coast for too long without saying something new. That's not saying that repetition is never allowed, but I felt that, in this context, 2:34-onward felt like a somewhat disinteresting retreading of ideas and a case where more pronounced variation would keep things dynamically interesting. We'll see if anyone agrees or if I end up sounding more subjective, as it's always a challenge trying to articulate a track's issues.

Definitely keep working on this if you have no luck with this sub as is, Witold. This is strictly my POV, but this mix does not (repeat: does NOT) need a drastic overhauling of anything in order to pass. I really like how you're coming along, and I'm feeling your improvement thus far. Keep doing what you're doing.

NO (refine/resubmit)

• 3 months later...

The drums sound good. good eq. The string sample is a bit dry and exposed. The biggest problem with the track is that the arrangement is fairly undeveloped. It doesnt really go anywhere. The energy level is sedate the whole way through. The groove and sound is good, but you really need to develop the ideas more.

NO

I like the drum beat and groove, although there is quite a lot of reverb on the low frequencies, which does muddy the kick somewhat. The downtempo vibe can still allow for some dynamic movements, however here the feel was the same throughout. Some more original elements, some more variation, would make me say yes.

NO(Please resub)