BitTorrents?

Dafydd

I've noticed that for some torrents, they won't start downloading, despite a very large number of seeders and health of 1000% or more. When listing "peers" (I'm using bitlord), there are various percentages, upload and download speeds for each peer, but my download speed remains at 0kb for some reason. Does anyone know why? It's kind of frustrating to see how there's so many seeders and still being kept at 0% without knowing why.

Despite there being a large number of seeds and peers, you can be left out. It's a funny thing. Theoretically, you should be able to get some piece of the pie no matter how small. However, with the advent of different clients, some things get lost in translation. You will find that computers using a particular client will be more likely connect to other computers using the very same client. Certainly there is overlap between clients, however, I feel that if you pick up a popular client, then you should be able to download/upload more files easier.

As far as I know, BitLord isn't as popular as other clients such as BitComet, Azereus, and uTorrent. Have you tried the stock BT client? Maybe you'll have more luck with that.