Sonic 2 - Scrambled Egg Remix & Castlevania II - Praying Hands Remix

Dash

Hi all! I'm new around here and I've been inside the Techno and Dance music genre creation for a couple of years already... Just for fun...

Anyways, some months ago I decided to make some remixes of old classic games, that in time didn't had the musical quality we have nowadays...

So... The first two games I picked (beeing also two of my favorites) where:

Castlevania II - Belmont's Revenge from Gameboy

and

Sonic The Hedgehog 2 from Sega Master System.

I've already downloaded some remixes from OCRemix, and I like a lot of them... So I decided.. Why not?? Maybe they accept my remixes! If I put effort on it..

So, here they are... The only two for now... lool

http://mixwaves.talkhost.info/OCRemix/Praying_Hands.rar

http://mixwaves.talkhost.info/OCRemix/Scrambled_Egg.rar

Cheers and comment reviews please.

Welcome to OCR!

Im only commenting on the Scrambled Egg remix, since Im more familiar with that source. In fact, its easily my favorite song from Sonic 2 for GameGear and among my top three favorite Sonic songs, so kudos to you : )

Having said that, this is much too similar to the source. You start out with some decent interpretation, but from 0:25 on the melody is damn near identical to the source. I think you should work on extending each little section, adding changes to the main melody and see where it takes you. Contrary to the name, OC Remixes aren't remixes at all, they're total rearrangements. Just experiment around, put your own original stuff into the mix. Good luck!

Thank's you for the review.

Yes I agree with you. In fact, I made it to be as much has exact to the original.

Anyways, this track won't be going to the OCRemix selection.

I just decided to do an arrange version of the song, and post it here to see how much close to the original it was. Glad to see it got the review I was waiting for.

I read the rules for the submited songs, so I knew this one couldn't participate, that's why I posted it here.

Anyways, maybe I'll do what you said... Maybe I'll change it to be able to participate in the OCRemix selections.

Thanks again. ;)