OCR00745 - ActRaiser "Thy Followers"

orkybash

This seems like two very short remixes slammed together, and both are harmed by the force needed to get them to gel. I felt the Birth of the People section was boring and lacked direction. Meanwhile, the Northwall section is absolutely stunning. There's no real unifying force between them to justify making them a single track (other than perhaps a lack of length, which I don't think is adequate justification for the fusion here). The transition between them felt very clunky and jarring to me. In the end this one probably isn't going to stay in my playlist because the first half just doesn't do it for me. I really like the Northwall segment, but it's dragged down by the first half.

• 4 years later...

There are no words to describe how much I love the horns and strings in this ReMix. Excellent placement of symphonic instruments here and I could tell Russell put a lot of effort into making this an awesome ReMix. The transition into the second half was questionable to me at first, but I felt it was nicely done after a simple argument with... myself.

I give this ReMix a 9/10.

• Liontamer changed the title to OCR00745 - ActRaiser "Thy Followers"