Newbie-ish question...

EPFarber

Hey, first time poster, long time... listener-of-ocremixes.

I've got a few Remixes (approx 11) which I had previously burned to a CD (say circa 2002) and now I've put them on my PC in an effort to feed my iPod's hunger for every song I possibly have and the problem is as follows...

Any ID3 tag information the songs had has been erased, including file names, titles, artists, which site they came from (either OC Remix or the old VG Mix). Is there any way anyone can give suggestions as to what any of these songs are? I want to preface by saying I'm not taking credit for any of these mixes as they are not mine, just to be clear and if it was from VG Mix, I apologize, I remember there were some site to site issues back in those days. Also, if this isn't the right neighborhood of the forum to be asking, could anybody point me in the right direction?

I've got most of the games/source songs pin-pointed, but being a stickler for properly crediting songs, any help would be greatly appreciated!

Took a listen to all of these. A few, particularly the first one, probably wouldn't pass the submission standards here. I don't recognize any of the mixes, although the Final Fantasy one is a remix of Final Fantasy IV's world map theme. I'm not familiar with everything on OCRemix, so they could possibly be songs I don't know, but I suspect they're from another site.

Liontamer, thank you very much for the help!

I think the "Unknown Metroid Remix" is an old remix from OCR that was pulled because it's basically a NSF rip with drums.

Kanthos I agree 100% about the quality of the tunes not being up to todays standards, but OCR was not always what it is today! Thanks for the tip about the FFIV tune!

Dunno any of them, but I can definitively say that none of the tracks are or were (as in removed) OC ReMixes, including that Metroid one you were suspicious about.

The quality on most of those is so lousy (sorry to bag on them, I'm sure the nostalgia factor or what have you is high) that they're likely VGMix1 pieces if they were ever hosted anywhere large.

Well, the one is Sonic Blade's Lufia - Fear and Courage. (OCR00503)

Bleh, not one of my favorites. I always remembered that one as 96kbps, so the 192kbps version definitely threw me off; why did Sonic Blade never submit that higher encoding. In any case, the rest are definitely not from here, so the trail ends there. Man, that virt mix sounds dated as hell. Hitting that VGMix thread mentioned earlier would be a much better bet if you haven't done so already.