Score Sharing?

siven7

Hey all,

Time and time again, I see community members/musicians/composers/arrangers asking around OCR for scores or sheet music...

very very nice song 10/10

aside:

what would it take/ how many people would reuben require me to kill to get ahold of sheet music of that piano part?

If I could get my hands on a source file for this song I might try and get my highschool band to play this for next year. We're pretty decent for a highschool so we might not butcher it too much.

And so forth... and I'm the same way too - there's tons of stuff that I would play with my wind band had I the chance to see the score. OR, not even to play, but just to see how the arrangers/remixers do what they do and everyone else would get the chance to get see the magic unwind right before our eyes, you know?

I've listened to both Jeremy Robson's FF7 Philharmonic Suite and Chrono Symphonic SO many times, and so many of those times I think: "I wish I had a score to this so I could follow along!" I know that a lot of the music is either performed or sequenced live, meaning that notation probably isn't written down or required, but if it were, could it be a worthwhile to start some sort of a program of score sharing? Or at least score posting? Like on the page where you can see djp's comments/download/review... if a score is provided, could there be an extra tab for notation?

There's so much amazing music on this site and there's so much magic in it to be unlocked for listeners...

We have a page for scores should artists want to make them public here:

http://www.ocremix.org/forums/showthread.php?t=3480

However: a notation tab wouldn't be worth the trouble of implimenting imo because there are not enough scores provided and a lot of electronic genres don't really lend themselves to notation anyway.

You could always directly request some sheet music for a remix you like in particular from the remixer, but thats about as far as it will go anytime soon i think.